The Adventure That Is Our Life

The Adventure That Is Our Life

Monday, February 25, 2008

if I don't eat right now, I just might...

... die, pass out, something! That is a statement that I've heard many of my pregnant friends say over time. I truly never understood that until yesterday.

I have been hungry many times in my life, so hungry at times that I've even said I might starve. But, I didn't think or really feel like I might starve. But yesterday... oh my gosh. I got up at 7, an hour later than I usually do and I was quite hungry. Normally I get up at 6 with Nathan and eat a bowl or cup of cheerios right away. So yesterday I got up, ate some cereal and then got ready for church. I knew I'd probably be hungry by 9, the time church starts, so I took some pretzels in the car with me. I should have known better. By 9:30 my stomach was growling and I was drinking water like crazy. (Ice cold water makes me feel better, plus usually puts off hunger) By the time we got home though, I was saying the statement above. I actually felt like if I didn't eat right away I might die, or at the very least pass out. My entire stomach felt like it was caving in.

Up until now, food has only served me to keep me from getting sick. There have been many times when I've said that I'm tired of eating, I never thought I'd say that. I'm not really craving anything, but things that are cold and crunchy like lettace and fruits at least sound good. Yesterday any food would have been fine, and I needed lots of it. I couldn't get enough to eat.

After I ate lunch, around 11:30, I layed down and fell asleep. I was amazed when I was woken from a sound sleep at 1:30 by an incredibly hungry stomach. I went for some yogurt, a normal snack, and then had to find something else, it just didn't satisfy me. I couldn't believe how much I was eating. I was soooo hungry.

Even today, I'm still hungry and my little snacks every 2 hours or so just aren't cutting it. So I'm thinking my appetite is finally starting to kick in. I guess its about the right timing. I'm hoping more foods start to sound good to me, I can't live off of lettace and fruits forever and I know I can't eat chicken unless its breaded, chicken nuggets are wonderful! Oh well, there are plenty of options, I just have to figure out what I want, which is harder than it sounds

Hopefully I won't ever feel again, the way I did on Sunday. I'd really like to start eating like a normal person again.

If you have any suggestions or stories feel free to share!

1 comment:

Len Hancock said...

Sorry, no help on the hunger, but I just read that you're pregnant so CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Len