Saturday, November 17, 2007
On Wednesday as I drove to WV I was amazed at what I saw. Most of the trees were bare and the few trees that weren't, had brown, dry, dead leaves. It wasn't the same beautiful scenery that I had seen only a week or so before. On the way home that night I realized that it wasn't rain hitting my windshield but snow flurries. Then on Thursday it snowed and we actually had accumulation on our cars Friday morning. I coudn't believe it. I love the snow, but I thought we were still in the Fall season.
Nathan and I both thought Fall seemed longer in WV. Maybe its because we were surrounded my such beautiful colors that seemed to last forever as we watched each leave turn from green to bright yellow, blazing orange, or the most amazing color of red we've ever seen. (Thank you God for the pleasure we have of seeing and living in your creation... each leaf has your fingerprint on it.) Fall is the most beautiful time of year in West Virginia, and definitely our favorite season. But here in Pittsburgh, Fall seems to come and go in a matter of a few weeks. I don't know if we are really affected by the cold air coming off of Lake Erie or what... but my goodness, its cold here now and we're pretty dissapointed!
At least we are used to the cold and snow. Tomorrow I am taking Sally Ann shopping. She needs new jeans and boots... the poor girl was wearing open toed shoes two weeks ago. She could probably use a new coat too. Nathan told her the other day its no longer Fall, its officially Winter.... even if the calendar says differently. We have to keep reminding ourselves that Thanksgiving is on Thursday, it doesn't feel like it.
The weather change and the appearance of snow has got us both looking forward to Christmas. We'll probably put our tree up next weekend, and that always makes the holidays seem even closer. Now that Fall has passed (oh so suddenly) bring on the snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Why did Clemson lose? Arg.
Looking forward to tracking down some great boots and jeans, though. Woo!
Post a Comment