The Adventure That Is Our Life

The Adventure That Is Our Life

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Steeler's Babe and more...


Ava is changing so much every day, its hard to keep the blog updated. So here is a little recap of our past couple of weeks.

A little over a week ago was a "holy" day in Pittsburgh, it was Super Bowl Sunday and the Pittsburgh Steelers were in Tampa, FL to take on the Arizona Cardinals. Since moving up to Pittsburgh we've gotten lots of comments about being from WV and being WVU fans, and NOT being Steeler's fans. It wasn't that we weren't Steeler's fans, we just didn't follow the team until about a year ago. So this past fall when the NFL season started we jumped on the bandwagon and started watching the games. A lot of the time we went over to Jon and Val's to hang out, Jon and Nathan watching the game while Val and I chatted about pregnancy and babies while glancing at the tv every few minutes. (Val is pregnant and due 3/21)

Since the Steeler's were in the Super Bowl we decided we should get our act together and get a t-shirt at least so we could blend in with the rest of the crowd. You see, during football season, it is rare to go a Sunday without seeing a massive sea of Black and Gold at church.... yep, AT CHURCH!!! It was a bit of a shock the first Sunday of the season when we were a part of the few who didn't wear black and gold. So we went out and got our t-shirts early in the week and then on Sunday headed over to Jon & Val's with some snacks. Oh, and of course we had to dress Ava up. I looked around for some baby attire, but wasn't willing to pay the high prices for something she would only wear once, so we improvised.


Our Steeler's Babe

Ava was hilarious during the game. She was sitting on my lap, yelling, and I mean YELLING at the tv. The Steeler's would make a play and she would talk and yell, while waving her arms, staring right at the tv. All the excitement must have worn her out, she passed out during the half time show.



This is Tico, Ava's buddy; Jon & Val's dog. Tico has always loved Ava from the moment we brought her over. He is quite protective and gets very upset when Ava cries. They were just saying "hello" for the millionth time.


Jon felt it was his duty to introduce Ava to the "Terrible Towel" Ava thought it was something to chew on ;o)


Jon telling Ava the Steeler's were #1 after they won
We had a great time during the Super Bowl and can't wait until next season.... I guess you'd say we're now Steeler's Fans.

Ava is doing so many things these days. She absolutely LOVES her exersaucer, and I must admit I love it too. It gives me a chance to do a few things, even if that is just running to get a drink or going to the bathroom.



can you see that she is almost standing flat footed? And we've already raised the height once!


Ava is still a good eater, although we've tried applesauce and bananas, and she wasn't really a fan. She does like her cereal though, and Daddy has even gotten the chance to feed her some. I feel like Ava is so big, now when you give her a bottle she gets so excited and opens her mouth before you're done making it and the minute you give it to her...


she tries to hold it like a big girl.



Ava relaxing with Daddy

Its been a couple of weeks, but Ava has gotten her first two teeth. I keep trying to take a picture of them, but everytime I get the camera ready, Ava gets distracted by the "red-eye reduction" light. Silly Girl. So I had to take matters into my own hands so you could see.








she hates it when I do that!


Ava is also learning to sit up by herself. She doesn't have it completely down, but is able to sit for a few seconds on her own. And now that she can roll over, and does it the minute you put her down, she has gotten to where she can push herself up a bit and doesn't fuss as much, that is until she gets tired.



Our little girl is growing up so fast. She is almost 6 months old. Can you believe it? Its just amazing how the time has flown.
We'll try to keep the blog updated as much as possible. But until then, enjoy the pictures we have posted!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sarah- I loved this post so much!! Ava is amazing and I'm so glad I am around to see her growing :) You guys are awesome!!

Baby Hancock said...

Wow! She is growing up so fast...it seems like you just had her!!! She's adorable, and you are doing a great job!!